Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sick Days!

Veteran’s Day holiday was the pits! I continued to run a low grade fever all day and my throat hurt like heck. My husband took the day off too, but I was too sick to enjoy his company, so he went to the movies without me. He thoughtfully brought me home a small buttered popcorn and I watched “The Princess Diaries Two” on my TV at home while I ate my popcorn. The holiday wasn’t a total loss. I spent the majority of the day knitting on my Surprise Jacket and listening to Knitting podcasts as I sipped hot liquids and throat lozenges. I hate being sick!

Today, I still wasn’t quite well, so I called in to my work and took a sick day off. My throat is a little better, but now my nose is running and I’ve started a little cough. However, fever and headache are better. I’ve been busying my self doing laundry and inventorying my new stash.

I have to admit that I feel a little guilty. I have been gazing at my wall of yarn in our spare bedroom and I’m contemplating why I bought this yarn. This is what I bought a few weeks ago at Newton’s Parking Lot Sale. I guess I just could not resist a bargain at $3 a pound. This is what I bought…..
4 hanks of brushed wool/rayon lace weight
http://picasaweb.google.com/dihilton1/DianaSFiberProjects/photo#5132446743606353890– weighing
1 lb 3 oz, 1 lb 2.7 oz, 1 lb 2.3oz and 1 lb 2.9 oz.
3 cones of Varigated Cotton: blue grey maroon (worsted wt)
http://picasaweb.google.com/dihilton1/Misc/photo#5132447001304391666
2 lb 11 oz, 3 lbs 13 oz, and 2 lb 1.3oz.
2 cones Scarlet red softball boucle (sport wt)
http://picasaweb.google.com/dihilton1/Misc/photo#5132447280477265922
1 lb 15 oz, and 1 lb 14 oz.
3 cones of brushed acrylic/rayon (lace wt)
http://picasaweb.google.com/dihilton1/Misc/photo#5132448332744253458
Lt pink 1lb 9 oz
Turquoise 1 lb 2.5 oz
Lt Yellow 1 lb 2 oz
I had dreams of making sweaters, shawls and baby clothes

That is approximately 20 lbs of sweaters, shawls and baby clothes that will take me forever to knit. I can always ply some of this yarn to use it up faster.

As I was just about to enter my stash data on Ravelry, the door bell rang. It was the UPS man with my order from Knit Picks. The yarn I ordered to knit my husband a cardigan arrived. It is a lovely blue. I am adapting a pattern I found from the Lionbrand website, changing a vest into a cardigan.

The other surprise was that my most desired book “The Opinionated Knitter” arrived with it. I can’t wait to read it. Well, I imagine this should keep me very busy for a long time.

No comments: