Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Husband's Wish List

I was taking pictures of my husband in my Wishbone sweater (see previous entry) and to my surprise he asked me to make him a sweater. How amazing is this? Usually, men run and hide when you talk about knitting them a sweater. My husband is those rare finds that only come once in a lifetime. He reminded me that many years ago, I knitted him a Aran vest, which he still has, but feels it is too bulky to wear in California weather. I practically forgot about this. It has been sitting in the coat closet for many years, only to come out when there is a very cold day. I must have knitted this before our kids came, when I had lots of time being a homemaker. I hate to tell you how long that was!!

He wants a ¾ sleeve cardigan of a lighter weight fabric that he can wear at work. He has lost some weight recently and he feels the cold much more than before. He wants ¾ sleeve so they don’t get caught in his machines as work. He is a machinist.

I am having fun looking through patterns. He picked out an ocean blue Superwash wool from Knit Picks. I hope its not too dark to knit. He wanted it dark because he know it will get dirty and oily. The Superwash will be good for this.

I was looking through the paper today, and lo and behold (this is such a great line), I saw an ad for the Alpacafest West that is being held just about 5 miles from me this weekend. I have never been to one of these, but I just love Alpacas and spinning their hypoallergenic fiber. I hope they will be selling yarn or fiber. I just might stop over there this weekend.

No comments: