Saturday, November 17, 2007

Holidays A-Coming, Time to Get Ready!

This year, I accepted an invitation to go to my Brother and Sister-in-laws for Thanksgiving. With fighting this flu and the frustration of not having a lot of time, to prepare for a big dinner, I just felt I could not handle it by myself this year. I am grateful for the respite and have a few more days to get ready for the eventual holiday company that will eventually show up soon after Thanksgiving.

My sons’ have made a commitment to come “home” for the Holidays, even though they live within a half hour driving distance. This is my reward for raising such wonderful sons who are still attached, somewhat, to family and our home. My unmarried sister-in-law will be staying the weekend too, and of course over Christmas holidays. This year we may be adding a temporary member to our family by having my youngest son’s friend share Christmas with us, while her family vacations in Mexico. I’m glad be an open house for whoever wants to come. This is a blessing to me and it helps me feel less lonely during these special holidays.

The day after Thanksgiving, my granddaughter will be returning with her other Grandmother from a visit to El Salvador. I am looking forward to seeing her again. She is now 16 months old. In preparation for her visiting again, I have started to prepare the guest bedroom closet with some new toy shelves, so she has a place to explore. I sure hope she likes it.
Of course, I have claimed part of it to store my fiber and some yarn.




Now all I have to do is figure out how to store the rest of my yarn which is now filling the guest bed. This is tomorrow’s project.

I was browsing the Web and found this lovely easy-looking lace scarf pattern on Knitty. Com called Branching Out. I just could not resist trying it with some of my mohair/wool blend handspun. So I cast on…..I just love the way it is coming out. I know, you are probably thinking I am crazing! Yes, I know I have two sweaters going on plus some Christmas presents and this may become one of them. It is only a 5 rows pattern repeat. If I have time, I may knit up two. I have some purple handspun merino that would look great in this lacy pattern.


No comments: