Saturday, September 15, 2007

....And I Get to Knit!!!

Finishing my son’s sweatpants is only a matter of final fitting for the waistband. Pinning him down for this has proved to be a challenge since he started his evening college classes. One way or another this will get done.

Sooo…..while I’m waiting, I have busied myself by starting some baby leggings for my granddaughter using Knit Picks Superwash Swish. I love the softness of this wool. Knitting this is a little different because it is knit from waist to ankle, unlike the sweatpants which was ankle to waist.



I was pleasantly surprised to receive my order of Swish from Knit Picks for my October Project, the open collar shirt. The color is fired brick and will look great on my middle son. I can’t wait to get started. I also purchased a color card and realize that this yarn is going to be building my stash for a long time. I love the fact that it is so soft and WASHABLE! What a find! Thank you Kelly Petkun, of Knit Picks!

My husband and I are planning on a road trip for the TKGA (The Knitting Guild of America) West Conference at the end of September. Since our last away trip was so enjoyable, he has been asking “What is the next fiber event around this area?” Although Oakland is about a 7-8 hour trip, he prefers to drive, than suffer through the stress of going through airport security and an uncomfortable tiny plane seat. I am so excited because we can take our time and I can knit all the way there and back! Yea!!!!! My new October project in mainly stockinette stitch is the perfect travel project. We love to listen to audiobooks on the way and I get to knit! My husband doesn’t knit, but he is just perfectly happy spending some quiet time watching TV, listening to his Ipod and reading. So I will be going to the convention during the day and then spending time with my husband in the evening for the weekend, and I get to knit! I can’t think of a more relaxing thing to do.

No comments: