Sunday, August 12, 2007

Vacation Work

We are back from a wonderful vacation. The Grand Canyon was beautiful. It was amazing! We had beautiful weather in the high 80's. We decided to take an extra day to rest from our all day Bus Tour. The tour was great: great narrator/bus driver, great sites along the way, i.e. Hoover Dam and a great buffet lunch in Williams, AZ. Best of all, I got to knit for 8 hours.

Once home, I have continued to knit on the Pi shawl border and the Forest Canopy Shawl. I am not too pleased with the way the border edging is coming out. It seems to be pulling. I am thinking perhaps this edging was better designed for a square or rectangle. I am hoping it will lay flat when I block it. I am half way done and I am struggling with the decision to take it out or plug ahead. It was alot of hard work to get this far.









The Forest Canopy Shawl is almost done. I have a few more motifs to add and then the border.



I've been looking through all my new knitting books for my next challenge. It is so difficult to decide. I have to order the yarn soon. I'm looking for the perfect varigated shawl weight yarn in fall colors. I'm thinking perhaps I should buy some plain superwash wool from Knitpicks and dye it myself.

No comments: