Thursday, August 16, 2007

Getting Focused

I know its been a few days since my last entry. I’m back to work and every spare moment at home is taken to finish the border of my Pi shawl. I have about a yard of edge stitches to finish. Normally, I would have moved on to something else, but I am determined to get this finished, just to show a picture of the finished shawl on this blog and my Knitter's Almanac Knit-along. I guess there are some benefits to blogging, afterall. It keeps me focused.

My other unfinished projects have been very lonely, waiting for me to pay them some attention. My poor little multicolored baby surprise sweater is just waiting and longing to be finished. All those garter stitches can be overwhelming and boring to a person. I'm about half done and I figured I can work on it when I get bored with something else. I'm embarrased to say how many UFO's (Unfinished objects) I have. I made a list once. I amounted to almost 20. Some of them I haven't touched in years. I guess I'll have to decide whether to finish or frog them.


This summer I bought a few knitting books. Each book fills me with so much inspiration and my fingers itch to start new projects. I'm trying to exercise some patience and self-control and focus on finishing the ones I have started. These are the books I've purchased this summer:

Mason Dixon Knitting, Lavish Lace, The Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters, Knitter's Almanac, Knitting Around. On order is A Gathering of Lace and Victorian Lace Knitting.

I’m still waiting for an invite to Ravelry. I’m # 18,940 with over 9000 people ahead of me. Well, if its taken about two months to get to 9,000, I guess it will be another 2 months before I get invited. Hopefully, by that time I will have inventoried all my stash and fiber ready to put on Ravelry.

No comments: