Friday, August 3, 2007

Pi Shawl

Wow! Three days past the deadline and I'm still working on the Pi Shawl. Some knitters in my Knit along group including our moderator, are still working of theirs so I don't feel so lonely.
Today, I finally finished the body, and I think I'm ready to add a lace border. I've been looking online for a nice pattern and I think I've found one: Berna's Torchon Lace . Now, all I have to do is find out how to attach the border as I go. I know there is a way. Back to search the Internet!
I'm afraid I won't have it for my granddaughter's birthday party tomorrow, but at least I feel I'm on the home stretch in this race to finish. Here's my progress so far....
I went with my son to his optometrist appointment today and while I was waiting, I was knitting on the shawl. The receptionist asked me very politely what I was knitting and I told her. She said she thought it was a backpack or bag. She liked the design so much she offered to pay me to make her one. I politely declined. Knitting for pay is so different than knitting for pleasure. I hated to disapoint her but if I start selling my stuff, it won't be fun anymore. It would be WORK! Isn't that why I took up knitting?....to relax from the stress of work?

No comments: