Monday, October 1, 2007

TKGA Knit and Crochet Show






My husband and I just got home from the TKGA Knit and Crochet Show in Oakland. I mainly went to visit the Marketplace and do some shopping. We drove in on a very overcast afternoon but the very next day was bright and sunny. Old Oakland is very beautiful with Old Victorian architecture. Many of the older business areas are being remodeled.

We stayed in the Washington Inn, which is one of the first hotels of Oakland. We loved it there. It was very quiet, just right for our needs, and right across the street from the Marriot City Center Convention Center, where the Knit and Crochet Show was. A walking distance away are many modern type downtown businesses and food courts. The only thing I didn’t like was the lack of parking for our hotel. The choices were either park on the street with metered parking until 6 pm or across in the Convention Center parking at a rate of $22 a day with no in and out privledges. Needless to say, we reluctantly chose the later to be safe, and walked around the local area. My feet were rather sore after all the walking we did.

It’s rather late and I’m tired, so I’ll have to tell you more about the Show in the next blog entry. Nighty night!

No comments: