Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Happy New Year 2011
Of course, when one focuses on the future, one needs to have a goal. I don’t think I made many New Years resolutions last year as I feel I had little control of it. I had to surrender totally to where God was to take us. The surrender is still there, but I want to have a little direction for my life, at least the part I have some control over.
Here are some of my initial resolutions:
1. Declutter my home- I am reading a book called “The Joy of Less, Minimalist Living Guide: How to declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life.”
2. Find more time to connect with people. Build relationships. Visit more with people, especially those that have less support.
3. Read more. I’ve given up on TV-can’t get many channels in my area anyway. Most TV is bad news, too. I do not want cable-too expensive. I’ll stick to the internet and Kindle books.
4. Downsize my fiber inventory. Why am I keeping so much around? I have less time to use it.
5. Have fun with the grandkids. What a joy they are and a challenge. Give them a supportive, stable and loving living environment.
6. Read through Proverbs.
7. Loose weight: find time to exercise. Consider joining a gym.
8. Stick to my budget. Save up to take my grandkids to Disneyland.
9. Take a weekend trip before summer.
10. Experience Joy! Last year it was the Search for Joy. This year, I want to experience more Joy than ever before.