Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Knitting

What’s on My Needles……

My camera’s battery has died and I can’t find my battery charger so I afraid this is going to have to be narrative……until I get my battery charged.

I’ve been on a learning quest: one new knitting skill this summer. That skill was to attempt toe-up socks. I used Judy Becker’s cast on which seemed to work well. I am using Knit Picks Felici Self Striping yarn in Mixed Berries, which is a pink shades yarn. I am using Size 1 needles. For the pattern I am using, the sock is going to be a little snug but it fits. If doing them again, I would use Size 2 needles.

My stalled Flag sweater project will be progressing as I just received the yarn I order to finish it.

I’ve been reading several blogs about the Tour de Fleece spinning project. I’ve been spinning but it is from some yarn I won on ebay recently. I won three pounds of combed superwash merino dark grey color. I want to make some sock yarn, so I am spinning it as fine as I can get with high twist so that it stays strong. The first skein came out very nice. After plying it, it came out a little over twisted but it retained its softness and I think it will work out well as sock yarn.

Lambtown USA

My husband and I will be going to Dixon, CA this year for the Lambtown festival. It is back at the Mayfair Fairgrounds with all the usual events: Sheep to Shawl, Mutton Bustin, National Spinning Competition, Sheep shearing and Sheep Dog Competitions. The only thing is I’m not sure they will have any vendors as they have not been posted online this year. We are looking forward to a wonderful weekend.

No comments: