Friday, April 4, 2008

Falling Off the Stash Wagon

I’ve fallen off the wagon. The yarn stash wagon. I told myself I would not buy anymore yarn. I’ve have enough to last me a long while. At the rate I knit, and lately it seems I am cranking out all kinds of knitting projects quite faithfully, I have enough yarn to last me for years….or more. This doesn’t even count the handspun.

Along comes an email from Smiley’s Yarns. “ Cotton Elite for 99 cents a skein”. Almost 200 yds of soft goodness for .99. It was a temptation I could not resist. I was imagining all the Procion MX dye I still had in my shelves and all the lovely color I could be dyeing the yarn. I cave. Hours….no days…..of unsurmountable joy with experimenting with color! How could I resist? I bought 30 skeins: 20 in white and 20 in yellow (to over dye). Oh no,……it says minimum order is $40!!!!!. I get sucked in. I order 7 more skeins of a $1.50 skeins of a Lovely Acrylic I’ve never seen before. I’m no “yarn snob”. I like good acrylic, especially if its soft and washable.

I think I need to join a Yarnaholics group. Actually, I think there is a Stashaholics group on Ravelry.

No comments: