Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Artistic Appreciation in Knitting

 When I pick up this sock yarn to knit I am struck by the magnifisense (sic) of color. I feel like I am knitting an impressionist art painting, that of Monet or Van Gogh. I see a sun setting behind a quiet blue/purple lake in the forefront surrounded by a field of tall green grass and pink wild flowers, the light reflecting its last rays of dusk making the water sparkle with the movement of the gentle waves and making the pink flowers glow as the light catches them just right.

Can you hear the crickets starting to chirp their love songs as dusk falls? Did the fiber artist know how this yarn would create such beauty or bring such a vision to my mind?

This was my moment of "hygge", my cozy place today. I drink it in......

1 comment:

Verona said...

The illustration looms great. How did the toe-up socks turned out?